Lisa Linney joined the Murphy Legal Team in 2021, bringing her enthusiasm and expertise to the firm. Lisa’s appellate practice begins before a case goes to trial. She participates in trial preparation by researching thorny issues and crafting motions in support of her client’s position. She also develops examinations of witnesses and writes dispositive motions. When necessary, Lisa pursues her client’s interests through mandamus and direct appeals. Lisa’s foresight, past the jury verdict, provides a deeply comprehensive resolution strategy to her clients.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, 2004
- National Moot Court team
- Julius H. Miner Moot Court, third place
- Willem C. Vis International Arbitration inaugural team
- Wigmore Follies, producer
- University of Houston, B.B.A. in Finance, cum laude with participation in the Honors College, 2001
- Fully funded education through scholarships
- Resident assistant
- Forensics Society (intercollegiate debate team)
- College Bowl, campus tournament director and regional team member
- Texas, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Texas Bar Association, Appellate Section
- Co-author with Lisa A. Willis, Survey of Texas Case Law Affecting Property Owner Associations (2006-2009), in the Texas POA Primer – Tips for Working with Condo and Homeowner Associations, published by the State Bar of Texas for the 32nd Annual Advanced Real Estate Course; created the PowerPoint presentation for the presenters of the article, who won Best CLE Paper and Best Speaker.
- The Safety Doc podcast, COVID Chaos, guest speaker on November 1, 2021 episode
- Texas Trucking Association (TXTA) Safety Management Council’s Fall 2021 Seminar, co-presenter
- University of St. Thomas (Houston),adjunct professor-taught Mock Trial, Administration Law, and Law School Admission Test Preparation; Coached the award-winning intercollegiate mock trial team.
- University of Houston Honors College, alumni volunteer
- Junior League of Houston, sustaining member; Junior League of Richardson-former active member
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program, volunteer lawyer
- Houston Swing Dance Society
- Northwestern Law Class of 2004 Reunion Committee
Lisa enjoys Lindy Hopping (a type of East Coast swing dancing), shopping at H-E-B, baking desserts, and solving the New York Times crossword puzzle. She drives all over Texas to see The Mavericks (the band, not the basketball team). She is a shareholder and chief bottle labeler of whiskey bottles at the Old Humble Distilling Company. She cohosts the “Old Humble Distilling Company Happy Hour 2-point-OH!” on YouTube. Lisa has nine cats—she can explain.
“Life’s like a movie; write your own ending.” from The Muppet Movie, music and lyrics by Kenny Ascher and Paul Williams